Saturday, December 7, 2013

Kidnapped - Pt.1

I was snoozing in a shady corner outside the temple one afternoon when I felt someone stroke my head.  I looked up and saw it was a little old lady with greying hair.  She was looking at me intently, as though she had seen me before.

"Hello," I said lazily and stretched myself.  She kept looking at me, hands clasped together, then she smiled broadly and said, "I'll be back soon," before walking quickly down the road.

She was back sooner than I expected and before I knew what was happening, she had flung a cloth bag over my head, scooped me up and bundled me into her car which was parked nearby.

"Hey, let me out!"  I yelled, struggling hard to get out of the bag.   But she had tied the top very securely and soon I could feel the car zooming off.  "You can't do this, this is kidnapping," I shouted but of course it was no use.  It must have been about half an hour before I felt the car slow down and finally stop.  The old lady lifted the bag with me inside out of the car and brought it into her house, presumably.  Once I was inside, she let me out onto a sofa.

"Now, make yourself comfortable, Emma," she said.  "I shall get you some of your favourite jasmine tea."  With that, she left the room, locking the door behind her.

I was in a daze.  What did she call me ... Emma?  I looked around the room.  It was dark and cold with furniture that looked rather old fashioned, like those from the Victorian era.  The drapes were dark maroon in colour, the armchair and table were in a shade of pink and the sofa I was sitting on was purplish.  My gaze wandered to the wall and it was then I saw with a shock a huge photo of a cat ... it looked exactly like me!  I couldn't believe my eyes but there it was but it certainly couldn't be me, just some cat that looked like me, I reasoned. I had never seen the old lady before nor ever visited her.

Just then, the old lady came back.  "Here, Emma, drink your tea."

Emma!  She called me Emma again.

"Madam," I said, trying to be polite although fear was gripping my heart.  "I am not Emma.  My name is Da.  You must have mistaken me for her ...."

"Of course not!  You're my darling Emma, you ran away about a month ago and thank goodness I have found you.  Now be good and drink your tea."

I tried to protest but she wouldn't listen.  She left the room, promising to be back.  I slumped back into the sofa ... "I can't believe this is happening to me," I thought to myself.  The tea looked inviting and being rather thirsty, I took a sip.  Hmm, it was good.  I drank more and to my surprise, I soon found myself feeling rather sleepy.  The old lady came back with a blanket and put it over me.

"Sleep tight, dear," she said, patting my head.

"Look, I'm .. I'm not Emma ... I ... I ... have to go home ..... "  I muttered.  But my legs would not move and my eyes were heavy with sleep.

Just before I passed out, I suddenly realised that I had been drugged ....

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment