Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sad News

When I returned from the forest, I found the nuns gathered in the kitchen, all looking very serious.

"Vege Cat!  Are we glad you're back!"  exclaimed one of them.

"Why, what's happened?"  I asked.

"It's Head Nun, she took a fall the other day, broke a hip and is now recovering in hospital after an operation."

"Oh my God!  Is she alright?"  I gasped.

"Yes, but recovery is slow due to her age.  She's 91, you know."

Ninety one!  I had no idea Head Nun was that old.  I would have liked to visit her in hospital but of course they don't allow cats in, so I had to be content with what the nuns told me after each visit.

The nuns had organised extra prayer sessions for Head Nun and I joined them everyday, praying hard that she would recover soon.

Oh how I miss you, Head Nun!



No comments:

Post a Comment