Monday, July 18, 2011

The Story of the Foot

You must be wondering what that foot has to do with me. To begin with, it belongs to one of the devotees who come to the temple regularly.

She is a popular figure in the temple and everybody seems to like her. I was under the table where she sat the other day when I heard one or two stories that she was telling the nuns. She was more like complaining about her mother-in-law – terrible woman she is. She’s fussy, possessive and is not happy to share her son with her daughter-in-law.

Thank goodness I don’t have a m-i-l….yet. I would probably have to wait on her paw and foot, maybe even catch the juiciest young rat for her to feast on. Ugh! All these thoughts make me want to remain single – yeah, there’s nothing like being free and easy, to do what I like whenever I like, of course within the laws of the temple. My goal after all is to seek Nirvana which means in short no strings attached to anything.

Poor woman. I hope she will be able to get away from her m-i-l one of these days


No comments:

Post a Comment