Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Grouchy Ning

I notice that whenever Christmas is round the corner, Ning becomes grouchy.  He stalks into the kitchen without greeting anyone and laps up his meal.  Then off he goes wherever he goes.  Perhaps it's something to do with age, he's much older than me, of course.  I thought that it might help him if he were to write a few lines here and get things off his chest ...

Hi everyone!  First, you should know that Da isn't always right about what he says about me!  Me grouchy?  Well, maybe, sometimes.  I know I have my bad habits, well, doesn't everyone?  And its nothing to do with age or Christmas.  Hey,. I'm not that old either; my friends at the Long Tails Club still say I look "dandy" and even "handsome".  It's just that life can be so boring...

Da always gets dreamy and floats around like he's got wings when Christmas comes around.  It is his greatest dream to see the temple draped in a mantle of snow so that he can truly enjoy what people call "a white Christmas".   We live in the tropics, old boy, so if you want snow, you will have to go somewhere else!  


This year, I am thinking of blue skies and sandy beaches and I am persuading Da to come with me to the beach.  Yeah, the beach!  One of the temple devotees has a small vacant house by the beach and she said she would be more than happy to let us holiday here!  

Oh I'm looking forward to listening to the waves crashing on the shore, to the cries of sea gulls and warm sunshine beating down my back!  So much more fun that shivering in a cold wintry place!  And of course I mustn't forget the booze!  Da will of course take his veggies with him; God, I don't know how he can eat that stuff!  That guy doesn't know how to enjoy life!  

One more thing - my swimming trunks, wonder where I put them...?  Da doesn't swim, all he does is meditate and pray ... hmmm, maybe I should invite a few of my friends from the club ... we're sure to have a rollicking time!

Will have to start packing ... catch up with you later!  

~ Ning

 Good luck, Ning!  Maybe I'll join you, just maybe ....




No comments:

Post a Comment