Friday, November 26, 2010

Head Nun's Back!

Head Nun returned home last week, looking very much better after her holiday in China. She had bought packets of sweets for the nuns and also distributed them to the temple devotees.

I was watching all this with much amusement from a corner of the kitchen. Then she noticed me and came up to me saying, “Oh, Vege Cat, I’m so sorry but I don’t have anything for you. I tried to look for something a cat like you may like, but there was nothing suitable.”

I wasn’t expecting anything, I told her and said I was very happy to have her back. She smiled, patted my head and went back to her nuns and devotees.

Later Miss M. dropped by and showed me some photos of Sai Baba’s birthday celebrations in her centre and also in India. “Swami is 85 years old this year,” Miss M. told me. Eighty five! I wondered what it felt like to be that old. I’m only three cat years old and already I feel like I’m 9! Must be all that vegetarian food – lack of rat meat can make a cat feel drained and weak. I don’t miss it though, the rat meat, I mean. If only the veggies would give me more oomph!

Lao Tze chuckled when I complained to him about the veggies, then drew back and said, “You’re not going to eat me, I hope! My skin is tough, so is my flesh, you’re not going to enjoy your meal.” I lunged playfully at him and he scurried away, squealing. Poor old rat, hope some hungry cat doesn’t gobble him up one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment