Saturday, October 23, 2010

Head Nun's Gone to China

Hi, I’m back. The last two weeks had been rather quiet, with Head Nun away visiting relatives in China. I missed her as usual and somehow, the prayers conducted by the other nuns lacked spirit.


I noticed that during her absence, a young monk, if he could be called that, had joined in the chanting. He must have started very young for he was quite familiar with all the prayers. Later, I heard that his mother is an old devotee of the temple. With his good looks, I wondered whether he made the younger nuns’ hearts beat a little faster!


One lazy afternoon last week, while everyone was half asleep, Miss M. popped in with news of her recent visit to India to see Sai Baba. She told me it was a very good trip and that her group received a lot of blessings from Him.


I don’t suppose I will ever get a chance to go to India. I doubt the airlines will carry pets or will they? I might have to be put away in a box somewhere at the bottom of the aircraft's hold or maybe strapped to its wings ….?


I had Miss M. in giggles when I mentioned that. “Vege Cat,” she said, still laughing. “Even though you could go on the plane, I doubt you will be allowed into Baba’s prayer hall. So far I’ve never seen any cats or dogs inside! But don’t worry, Baba’s everywhere and you need not go all the way to India to see Him.” Well, I couldn’t argue with that.


Meantime, the heat is killing me. Wonder what Head Nun is doing in China? Pity she doesn’t know anything about computers, otherwise she might have sent me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment