All of a sudden, things are livening up at the coop. TL told me the other day that Ms.Penny had received a proposal of marriage from a young rooster by the name of Mr. Cluck Cluck.
"I am very happy for Ms.Penny," said TL. "It's the best thing that could happen to her after that unfortunate incident with Ms. Brown. I hear Mr. Cluck Cluck is a decent fellow, doesn't talk much and minds his own business."
Just then, Bruce Lee came striding out from the coop.
"Huh, are you talking about that Cluck guy?"
"Yes," replied TL. "I gather that Ms. Penny has asked you for your blessings for her marriage to him and you have consented."
"So I have," said Bruce Lee. "But I have warned that young fella that if he ever mistreats her or makes her miserable, I'm going to wring his neck and make mincemeat out of hm!"
Bruce Lee had always been very possessive over his hens but obviously he cannot keep them all to himself. I guess he realizes that he should not be selfish and I'm glad he put Ms Penny's happiness before his own.
So preparations for the wedding began. Ms. Penny said that she wanted the marriage ceremony to be held amidst nature, so Mei (the white dove) who knows the nearby forest quite well, found a little clearing not far from the coop. It has beautiful trees and a little brook, just the perfect setting for a wedding.
Devotees from the temple helped to put up an arch and decorated it with flowers, and some lights were also strung up around the trees.
So the big day came. Head Nun and the nuns had of course been invited but could not attend due to temple duties. The only guests were the hens and roosters from the coop as Ms. Penny preferred it to be a small quiet affair. She herself looked resplendent with flowers on her head and the bridegroom looked handsome in his black tuxedo!
So after all the excitement, I returned to the temple and the coop residents returned to the coop. Everyone was in a happy mood but I noticed Bruce Lee looked a little disturbed.
"Vege Cat, do you think they will be happy together?" he asked me suddenly.
"Oh, I'm sure they will be," I said.
"Hmph," he grunted and went inside the coop.
I wondered what was on his mind but I knew he was not going to tell me, so I left it at that.
(To be continued)
![]() |
| A lovely whimsical wedding in a forest |


No comments:
Post a Comment