After the "murder" incident at the coop, Head Nun said to me one evening that she was worried about the situation there.
"Bruce Lee is getting old," she said. "I'm afraid he may not be able to deal with all the troubles that crop up now and then."
I told her not to worry because Turkey Lurkey (TL) is there and he will give Bruce Lee his support. TL is really a nice guy and he is probably one of a few who can get along with Bruce Lee. Though he prefers not to interfere with the daily affairs of the coop, very often a disgruntled or lovesick hen will approach him and ask for advice. Somehow they look upon him as a big brother and since they dare not complain to Bruce Lee, they confide in him. He will very kindly give them some words of wisdom and they leave consoled and happy.
Not only that, TL is also an entertainer - he loves to sing old songs which he learnt from the farm where he used to stay. His "signature tune" is "It's Okay to be Different" - a song which speaks for itself and is most appropriate considering he's the odd one out in the coop!
One morning I was passing by the coop when I heard him singing this song surrounded by a group of hens. It's a great favorite with them too and they were singing along and flapping their wings. Then I noticed Bruce Lee watching from behind and if I was not mistaken, jealousy was written all over his face.
I went up to him and couldn't resist teasing him.
"Hey, Bruce Lee, why don't you join in the fun or perhaps you are feeling a little.... jealous?"
"What? Me jealous?" he exploded. "Don't be silly! Why should I be jealous? He's a turkey and not one of us, and he's old and ugly. The hens are just being polite because no one else bothers to listen to him."
Then he added, thoughtfully, "Hmmm, what do you think we'll get if we cross a turkey with a hen?"
I grinned, slapped him on his back and said, "TURKISH DELIGHT!"
LOL.
![]() |
| Turkish Delight |


No comments:
Post a Comment