Monday, January 1, 2018

Cat Wisdom - May I Be Present




May I wake up every morning with
a smile for Head Nun and the nuns.

May I always be on time for our
dawn meditation sessions even if I 
have to go half asleep.

May I be diligent in my temple duties,
no matter how trying they may be.

May I remember to thank the Lord Buddha everyday
for all my blessings.

May I practise loving kindness, patience and tolerance
with everyone I meet.

May I not complain when
we get to eat the same food every day.

May I not be so critical of others,
especially of my good friend, Ning
when he spends too much time at his Club.

May I remember not to feel anger or hatred
when I catch a prowling rat in the storeroom.  May I let it go, 
with a loving warning never to come back, instead of biting it to death.

May I forgive all those naughty children
who come to the temple and like to pull my tail.

May I always be of help to those in need.

May I enjoy nature as much as possible.

May I always be happy and make others happy too.

May I stop every so often and ask myself, "Who am I"?

May I be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment