Friday, August 28, 2015

Spooky Spooks


It's that time of the year again, the time when the spooks come out to play. The humans call it "The Hungry Ghost Festival". Many families visit the columbarium in the temple at this time to offer prayers to their departed loved ones. The nuns are busy chanting prayers the whole day long and are joined by nuns and monks from other temples. As for me, I usually go to bed early with my blanket over my head in case I see something not of this world. Sometimes I hear things that go bump in the night but I keep my eyes tightly shut.  The temple dog isn't of much help either, he keeps baying all night and gives me goose pimples. I only wish I had a sleeping pill that will knock me out every night until the festival is over!

 I shall be hibernating for the rest of this month, see you!



No comments:

Post a Comment