Friday, December 20, 2013

Dreaming of a White Christmas

 
 
Maybe I have seen too much TV but I have been dreaming of a white Christmas!  Beautiful white snow all around ... on top of trees ... on the ground ... on the roof ... what a lovely sight the temple would be, all covered in snow!  It would be quite cold, of course, but then if I know Head Nun, she would have had a fire going in the kitchen and all of us would be sitting in front of the fire, singing Christmas carols or perhaps just chanting some Buddhist mantras.  Oh yes, I would be sitting under the Christmas tree, near the fire, all warm and snug and tucking into Christmas cookies and warm milk.  Oh, what a lovely dream!

Unfortunately, dreams can only be dreams as far as temple cats are concerned.  But I'm still thankful for the lovely tropical sun and breezes and the special Christmas meal Head Nun prepares for us.  The temple can't afford to give us all Christmas presents but as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with what I already have.  Don't think the temple has a Christmas tree any more, but it doesn't matter. It's the message of Christmas that is important - it's a time for giving and forgiving, caring and sharing and bringing love and joy to all.

Christmas will usually find my old pal, Ning at The Long Tails Club where he will samba through the night and drink beer.  He has always been saying I don't know how to enjoy life .. well, to each his own!


Merry Christmas everyone!  
May your Christmas be filled with peace, love and joy!

My vision of our snow capped temple - brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment